Volunteer at Zara Clark Museum which enthusiastically showcases the towns gold mining, agricultural, mining and World War events!
Our volunteer program welcomes friendly, passionate and dedicated individuals who are wanting to join a community of like-minded people, share stories of our vibrant heritage and willing to follow the lead from our Heritage Site Coordinator.
Our volunteers participate in a variety of roles. Please select from the opportunities listed below and be sure to complete your application of interest today! Training will be provided for successful applicants.
Heritage Visitor Volunteer- On Friday to Sunday welcome our guests into the museum and promote the history of Charters Towers through Zara Clarks artifacts and stories. You will be a great advocate for the National Trust, promoting memberships, phone answering, cash handling and ensuring our guests have a safe and enjoyable visit!
Education Volunteer- We host groups of excited school children through to tourists from afar and share our heritage and how life was lived in 'the olden days'. Volunteers assist with ensuring our visitors have a safe and happy experience that will instil lasting memories.
Grounds, Property and Collection Care Volunteers - Our Volunteers within this role come together to have an enjoyable social occasion whilst performing a variety of maintenance tasks including collection care, cleaning and any other property needs.
To be a successful applicant, our key criteria is set out below:
- A passion for culture, conservation, the environment and the heritage of Queensland
- A welcoming, helpful, friendly and positive disposition with great communication skills
- Active and in general good health
- A willingness to learn new skills and to follow workplace protocols including COVID-safe and Workplace Health and Safety practices
- Must commit to access email and internet regularly. This is an important health and safety requirement to enable training and updates.
- Willingness to commit to regular attendance, be aged 18-80 years and understand there is a volunteer registration fee of $30. This provides you with a quality NTAQ unisex apron, name badge plus complimentary membership of the National Trust for the duration of your volunteering.
Take this great opportunity to join your local, historic landmark that hosts a range of heritage events and activities. Be part of something worthy and great this year! Thank you for your interest. We hope to see you volunteering at a NTAQ property soon.