Royal Bull’s Head Inn (RBHI) museum at Drayton near Toowoomba is a very special place. It is a well-known tourist destination in the region and provides an exceptional insight into colonial hotel life in Queensland. The museum is part of the National Trust of Australia Queensland (NTAQ) collection, being 1 of 14 heritage properties managed by NTAQ within Queensland.
Be part of a wonderful team that protects and showcases the heritage of Queensland! NTAQ is currently seeking a multi-skilled Heritage Site Coordinator to further develop activities at the site to enhance RHBI as an enjoyable destination for multiple customer segments. Currently the museum is open bi-monthly to visitors, school groups and participants in paranormal tours and there is room for more growth. You will be a motivated all-rounder who can generate new business ideas, coordinate volunteer activities, ensure a quality guest experience and oversee property care at this special heritage site.
Position details & duties
In this role, you will be ably supported by the Brisbane-based NTAQ Manager and NTAQ Head Office team. Your innovation and expertise in tourism/ hospitality will enable you to offer a positive and memorable guest experience. Duties will include basic admin/ communication / marketing and will involve the coordination of the team of dedicated volunteers. You will guide and support the volunteers to deliver a knowledgeable and friendly customer experience to care for and effectively showcase the heritage property, associated collection items and its beautiful grounds.
- Casual role working at Royal Bull’s Head Inn at Toowoomba for 4-6 hours per week (across 1-2 days). The limited hours per week reflect expectations for the role.
- Pay and conditions under the Amusements, Events & Recreation Award 2010.
- Benefits include complimentary membership to NTAQ which provides access to over 300 National Trust properties around Australia and internationally.
Key areas of the role are:
- Property maintenance coordinator â monitor the physical site and collection items and work with NTAQ Head Office to arrange quotes, maintenance and repairs as required.
- Volunteer Coordinator â recruit, support, roster, train and manage the small volunteer team.
- Guest experience â directly and indirectly ensure all guests including school excursion groups receive warm and friendly service, accurate information and have an enjoyable visit.
- Communications and Marketingâ be the liaison for RBHI and NTAQ Head Office, plus with Community and corporate groups and partners i.e., Council and Education groups.
- Experience with leadership of a small team is essential with a supportive leadership style.
- Experience in volunteering is highly desirable.
- An interest in local history of the area is desirable.
- Will have basic knowledge and interest in marketing or events to further develop business opportunities.
- Must be an efficient and capable user of Microsoft Word and Outlook and have moderate level IT skills including basic social media knowledge and trouble-shooting skills.
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills & presentation to work in a heritage tourism environment.
- The successful candidate will live locally and have capacity to pop into the site if required.
- Basic knowledge of property maintenance is desirable.
- Has friendly personal interaction skills to be able to deliver warm and welcoming customer service and leadership.
- Must be self-directed with excellent time management and ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Role requires average level of fitness, including the ability to walk moderate distances.
- Willingness to uphold and train others in WHS standards.
- First Aid certificate is preferred.
How to Apply
Your application should include your resume and a brief cover letter explaining how you meet the above Selection Criteria.