Volunteer at Brisbane's oldest Farmhouse property- Wolston Farmhouse
Volunteers play an integral part within the National Trust organisation, in supporting our heritage sites and projects throughout Queensland. Are you interested in joining a new, friendly social group that showcases and shares our vibrant heritage?
We are seeking interested volunteers for 3 different roles at this property. Full training is provided.
On Sunday -Be a Tour Guide- inspire visitors with stories of the past, showcasing our 19th century artifacts in the different rooms at the vintage homestead.
On Sunday - Become a Hospitality Volunteer - Do you enjoy the bustle within a cafÃ© environment? Our Hospitality Volunteers assist at the Tea Terrace to serve a delicious, traditional farmhouse tea.
Each Wednesday - Join the Heritage Volunteer Working Group team - submerge yourself in the beautiful grounds surrounding the Farmhouse. Each Wednesday is working bee day, and our Heritage Volunteers come together to perform a variety of tasks including collection care, cleaning, grounds work and basic maintenance.
Please consider joining one of the above volunteer roles if you are a person who has:
- A passion for culture, conservation, the environment and the heritage of Queensland
- A welcoming, helpful and positive disposition
- Active and in general good health
- A willingness to learn new skills and to follow workplace protocols including COVID-safe and Workplace Health and Safety practices
- Great communication skills, able to confidently communicate within a group
- Able to commit to regular attendance, be aged over 18 and have email access.
Whatever volunteering role you may fancy, take this great opportunity to join your local, historic landmark that hosts a range of heritage events and activities!